“Lekker” means DELICIOUS in Dutch!
No, we’re not Dutch, but that’s another story…
Lekker Land Design can help you create an abundant, eco-friendly landscape.
Edible, medicinal, water-wise, permaculture-inspired, zero-waste, natural outdoor spaces that will nourish you for years to come while lowering grocery bills and your environmental footprint.
Local food security, waste reduction and soil building are all more important than ever and people are realizing the benefits of growing their own food closer to home, while also reducing organic waste.
As the climate changes and things in the Interior of BC get drier and hotter, we all need strategies for reducing our water usage, increasing our yard or garden output while creating a space that is joyful to spend time in!
We source local and environmentally conscious materials, use up-cycling techniques and inspirations, and teach as we design and install. We include education in our services because we want you to build land connections that will increase your feelings of stewardship and compassion for your ecosystem.
Keli Westgate – Certified Permaculture Designer
Owner, designer and educator
A lover of the land, connector of ideas, muse for gardeners, wealth of knowledge and experience in arid climate gardening.
My passion is helping communities, homeowners and organizations increase organic food security and gain valuable and important connections to the natural world. Less of a garden maintenance service, more of a coach, guidance counsellor, time-saver, health promoter and knowledge sharer.
- Faculty of Okanagan College
- Sales and Marketing for Spa Hills Compost
- Film and Television Producer in Vancouver / Toronto
- Former Board/ Director on numerous non-profit Boards including: Sustainable Environment Network Society, Historic O’Keefe Ranch Society, Electoral District Assoc. North Okanagan Shuswap Greens
- Former Steering Committee member for North Okanagan Land To Table Network
- Advisory Committee Member -BX Ranchlands Development Plan
My 1st year gardening was more successful than I could’ve hoped for … due to Keli’s knowledge and gardening tips.She also nurtured ‘ME’ – from educating me on what types of soil to use, to simple ways of composting.She’d give me advice AND education! Knowledge! I actually grew the ingredients to make my own pasta sauce from scratch!!!! Thank you Keli !Celeste S., London, ON
“Keli was a knowledgeable resource for me as I researched composting options in my bear-aware community. She gave me some great ideas and lots of helpful basic information about how composting works (and doesn’t work). I appreciate her commitment to sustainable agriculture and just being better stewards of the planet. She’s approachable and friendly. Thank you Keli!”Felicity R., Penticton, BC
- Reduce greenhouse gasses by properly and safely composting at home
- Eco-friendly landscape services, recommendations and designs
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies
- Rainwater harvesting system installation (coming soon)
- Compost system recommendation, installation and education